PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots on the way to help EK
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 12:21
Fozzy74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LR3,

It has taken me and many 10 years to realise that investing in seniority in this company is a waste of time and effort. I started looking seriously for alternative employment in the last month or so. It takes a lot to bring you to that when you have a mortgage and family. Things are not good here as the company is hell bent on turning itself into a nasty LCC who treats every employee with contempt. I ain't going to spend the rest of my life complaining about it, I am going to move on. Several others have also made that decision.

I can understand your point entirely and cannot disagree with you. If the majority of people think we should take the moral high ground and resign, then so be it. That is what I would like to know. If I am over there, I want to work with, not against, people I fly with. I do not want to be seen as an outcast. If there is a stigma against QF people on LWOP, fair enough.

Hopefully your recruitment department sorts the weeds out, I am sure they will, but there are always a few who slip through. In 2 months, there will be a lot applying as they have no other options after being turfed, and my point is that they may be the bitter and twisted ones, but who knows.

All this came out on Friday night over here just as all the staff left the office for the weekend, so the details are still not clear as to what it actually involves. For some of us who have taken the decision to try and obtain employment with EK, this is hard to refuse. You may get some however who would not have resigned now looking, and who will take this up. I doubt they will all come back however, some would stay on.

For what it is worth, the package is worth more than most F/O's take home over here with our taxation and minimum hours.

Anyhow, lots to still come out in the wash so time will tell.