PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas post August 24
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2011, 11:15
Nose wheel first

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas as we know it is done, history, stuffed!!!

I think most here on PPRuNe would agree that the QF brand and experience is not what it used to be. That is because of mismanagement, poor fleet choices, a lack of re-investment in the brand etc. It could be fixed if the right management team were in place! Sadly though, the changes that are comming are going to cut to the bone and will do irrepairable damage.

When this current management team have had their fun, wrecked the QF brand and image, collected their bonuses for once again screwing over the staff and shareholders and gone, the next board and CEO will inheret a company which, if it's not on it's knees, will be a shadow of it's former self. Good luck building it back up!!!

As far as getting their claws into the "rapidly growing Asian air market"... I guess we'll have to wait for the details but I fail to see why other Asian nationals would choose to fly Qantasia (which according to reports ISN'T going to be a LCC model) when at the premium end of the market passengers have CX, SQ, TG, MH etc to choose from. All home grown airlines in their respective countries. And if passengers want to go cheap, Air Asia, Tiger, Jetstar Asia, Lion etc. It seems like AJ is being taken in by the old "grass is always greener" phenomena.

Fix QF AJ. Make it the best it can possibly be here in Australia, then if you still have cash, time on your hands and a desire for adventure tackle the Asian market. To crush the QF brand in favour of chasing a pipe dream is abhorrent!