PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 23:20
bearfoil

Mr. O

Clearly, BEA believe that what they have witheld holds no danger in current A330 flights, or there would be mitigation; it would be difficult to hide any substantive change to the control system or airframe.

They allowed Airbus to make a statement, and one believes its accuracy, for it will harm the builder greatly if they are found to tell lies. BEA have no duty to "correct" public speculation, for they are comfortable that the information they provided is sound, and no corporate or gvernmental harm lurks.

It is not entirely wise to label what they have done as damage control. Typically, history teaches us that bad news is less disruptive if it is released slowly, and the public has the time both to soften, and go on to other things, (forget).

From the timetable itself, the a/c was in Alternate Law as she climbed. This provides no protection for Roll limiting, but includes AoA protection and direct control for both roll and pitch, aiui.

Right along with doubts about the climb whilst the PF is represented as commanding it, one must suitably indict the a/c for trimming for maximum Pitch UP. What was he THINKING.......

What was she DOING? Certification is mainly a mystery to me; I trust the system to certify a/c to be safe and reliable.

One understands the need for emphatic NU at TO and landing, but in the arena 447 found herself, why doesn't the THS have a LAW LOCK on it similar to the RTLU?

Your question is not so mysterious to me, The PF held back stick because he thought it the correct play. At 10k, his pard thought otherwise, and overrode the PF. "Your Airplane".

The Fourth ACT awaits us later this month?

EDIT. For Mr. O. The a/c systems did NOT know the a/c was stalled, no one did, Why would it protect itself from goofy feet (RTL), and let the Powered slab in back demolish everyone?

Trim is for comfort, when I learned how to use it. Giving any control surface the power to doom the a/c is so............unlike AirBus.

"She did everything asked of her....." Reminds me of what they said post Perpignan.......