PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 23:14
Wildpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good work Flyvirgin,

There are those on here that have given up and basically are trying to make themselves feel better by convincing others to do the same. My career is on track my 61 pilot friends on FB are all employed, they did not give up. They have had hard times and breaks here and there from flying but all are on course.

It is very hard to get into and I would not recommend people to train at the moment but if you have the quals under your belt then keep going. Take strength from the guys who fall by the wayside and spend allot of time dwelling on the negative. You will find there are many professions that are extremely hard to get a break in, we are not unique.

And open your mind people, being an airline pilot is not the only job that pays well in aviation and is definately not the most fun.

I can't be bothered to carry on with this thread anymore as I have to go flying. While I'm sitting on the floats of my caravan with my toes in the tropical water at some beautiful beach I can think of worse jobs, whilst waiting for the bikini clad passengers to arrive.

The experience is related to what you put in, remain as positive as you can at all times, don't get dragged down by the dead beats of pprune and other places. Negativity is a disease in this and many other industries, yes the T & C's could be better and yes the money could be allot better but its not. If its going to drag you down so far you can no longer enjoy the good parts then get out before you get a break.

All the best

Last edited by Wildpilot; 10th Jul 2011 at 01:57.