PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 21:14
rupert360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello all,

i'm a first time poster here and, like many, fall firmly into the wannabes category since i am still currently at the PPL stage. However, I've been following many threads on this forum for a while and thought it about I aired a couple of views...feel free to criticise as appropriate!

I agree with many of the views aired on this thread about the bleak outlook for the airline industry but it is ridiculous to believe that this will continue indefinitely into the future. Recessions, unfortunately because of our free market system, come and go. This one decimated many companies and adversely affected many more. However, it will end. And with it, increased investment, business and, by association, jobs.

Secondly, all professions are extremely competitive. I know lawyers who have shelled out a lot for the postgraduate training only to find themselves struggling to get that first job. We all love flying and who ever thought it would be easy to get that first job?

Lastly, we (as Brits) have to stop thinking within our own borders so much. The world does not start and end with Ryanair and Easyjet! Even though they are the most ubiquitous carriers in the UK we have the whole EU to think about and then that lingering behemoth ASIA which is touted to have VERY strong growth in its aviation industries between now and 2030.

Interesting article in the FT the other day backing up this last point: Aviation: At full throttle - FT.com

Anyway, my point is although it's bleak from a business point of view things will imrpove and I disagree with those who say 'it's over'

Best of luck to all job seekers,