PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying over Horsham
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 17:46
mikehallam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to my discussions over the subject with the CAA who pointed me at the relevant Air Law para's; any field used for landing/taking off is deemed to be an aerodrome and people flying by or to it etc. should follow the circuit pattern.
[Don't make me look it all up again !]
If not all on the charts then my posting to the guy wishing to fly by Horsham did have some warning of their presence. He didn't ask about the strips off me.

Jackrell's Farm IS ON the charts and next to the Southwater by-pass is Mr. Fords strip, windsock & all which by the above account, whose circuit our intrepid flexwing pilot must have flown through. I've no idea if he called or listened on SafetyCom, I flew today but didn't hear any passing traffic, perhaps he did it earlier ?
Slinfold is so well known there can be few Sussex pilots unaware of its position and number of residents, it's close to Christ's Hospital. So if he flew that way another breach of pattern is possible.
Having been reading of the fatal air to air accident at Shoreham last week-end I feel that the above pilot was willfully endangering others even if he doesn't care about his own skin.

mike hallam.

P.S. ANO, Cap 393,2010: Section 2) & 4) para 12. is part of it. Elsewhwere an aerodrome is defined.

Last edited by mikehallam; 9th Jul 2011 at 20:35.