PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 16:08
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, great news. But why was it leaked now....? That is odd & its a shame the fams weren't told first - they will be told next week I think. It is likely that any leak came from Whitehall - but why....? Something else for the cabinet & civil servants to beat the air ranks with? Youy can't say they didn't have it coming!

Prehaps the 'suits' realised at last that consecutive 'stars' have been eonomical with the truth - many ministers have been so poorly briefed!
As I said earlier, I think some of these stars and their lackeys will be very nervous - personally, I believe they should all be brought to book as they have been given so many opportunities to come clean but failed to grasp the nettle. Sadly, I suspect the real negligents will escape censure.

It is important that the exoneration of the crew takes centre stage for a while but it is perhaps equally vital that lessons are truly learned and oversight and regulation of the military airworthiness system becomes totally independent of the mod hierarchy. That would be a lasting tribute & could mean that the 29 deaths were not totally in vain. If this saves just one ac or life, it will be worth the past 17 year wait.

On a personal note, I pray that now all the families of the lost can at last start looking forward with hope for the future (especially those of Jon & Rick) - God Bless.

Flip