PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to EK on LWOP
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 15:44
allaru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Welcome -NOT

Make no mistake that there is one, and only one reason for EK approaching QF, its because they can no longer get pilots, and they don't want to pay the going rate to attract them.

And that's after they lowered the hours from 4500hs to 2500hrs total time, and are ringing guys who have 2000hrs. THEY ARE DESPERATE.

Air Arabia pays a Captain with 3000hrs on type (57000dhs/month) for a 92 hour month. All of our FOs upgrading have 3000hrs on type as it is a company requirement for upgrade. They do this because that's the minimum they need to pay to attract the pilots they need.

Note that up until recently new joining EK FOs had well in access of the minimum hours required to join Air Arabia as Captains. So whats my point, the point is that EK have been getting away with substandard wages for far too long and its about time they started paying us the going rate, and re instated our overtime, credit for leave, our availability of leave, our availability of leave tickets (4 week wait followed by wait list b%$sh&t), decent allowances, the heavy crew we need on numerous bu&***** 9hr plus flights in the middle of the night with 2 pilots, and the pilots we need to bring our hours down from 95 a month to give our lives back again. WHERE SICK OF IT.

And less of the new age GQ, and Mens Health reading FOs woozes we've recruited lately.

Yes 150 or so guys from QF won't make much of a difference, but you may be surprised on day one to be meeting your colleagues from what ever s*&t holes from around the world they've managed to con into the same deal.

On principle it is an insult for those of us here who showed the commitment to resign from our previous airlines and make a life here in Dubai, and tow the line with all aspects of life here both within and outside of the airline. Those on contract will never experience those sort of pressures knowing they have a guaranteed position back home. Rather come here and sit it out while your seniority number improves back home, have a good time and don't give a s*&t.

In my opinion you should have no position on the seniority list until you resign and join EK proper, to do otherwise is an insult to those who have. I for one didn't have the luxury of a three year trial to decide if I liked it or not. And yes you will be eroding our conditions of service.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT 150 EK PILOTS, AND ANOTHER 300 FROM SAY ITALY, SPAIN AND BANGLADESH TURNING UP ON QFs DOOR STEP WHILE YOUR UNION NEGOTIATES FOR HIGH WAGES.

We'd be welcome with open arms I'm sure.