PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dangers of PPRuNe Bashes
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2002, 15:26
iainpoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't gonna confess this, but after I left you guys, it actually took me 2 hours to make the 5 stops from Blackfriars to Liverpool Street.

My tale of woe begins as I get on the train at Blackfriars going in the WRONG direction (circle line). In my incoherent state it took me three or four stops to realise, no problem I thought, I'll just hop over the platform and catch a train headed in the opposite direction! No, bad idea, cause that turned out to be the Jubilee line! Would not have been to much of a problem if I hadn't fallen asleep, and ended up at Canary Wharf! No problem I thought, I'll just hop on the DLR and go to Stratford........hmm, well the DLR took me to Shadwell, and then stopped, not to start again!

I sat and cried in deserted station for ages, no sign of any trains - until I hear the distant rumble, a train arrives, and I, not knowing where the hell it's going jump on, and promptly fall asleep - only to wake up at Bank! Well, at this stage, I just gave up and got a cab to Liverpool street - surprisingly feeling sober now, I popped into Hamilton Hall, for another couple of pints!

What a day - looking forward to the Crimbo bash, where Grim Reaper will be unveiling his latest metal work