PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin Otter float plane jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 10:15
walu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovely place to work, the Maldives that is, things have changed in the working environment there but essentially it's still the most challenging and often blissful flying you will see on floats. To me it's industrial seaplane flying these days, extremely long days often, bad wx and sea state, crew can be very inexperienced, hotels not worth mentioning and time off that just vanishes too quickly....then for us expats that enjoyed a beer or two in our time off in our own apartments... Well you can forget about that now as well! It's been in steady decline the overall appeal of this work to me for sometime but the memories of the best commradery and flying will never vanish in my mind.
Now I've found another place to be content and miserable at at the same time but at least it's a profession that pays well when youve put your time in.
The co-pilots who are not Maldivian are guys and girls who've been there since before the Government enforced the nationalization programme some 18 months ago now.
There are some great crew there, both National and expat and the companies both have their pro's and con's so if you get the chance to work there enjoy and make the best of it.
Making the best of any situation is good advise for people willing to go out there away from their comforts and taking on new challenges and the same applies to the Maldives.
BTW it's Trans Madlivian Airways and Maldivian Air Taxi.

Cheers