PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 09:20
morris1

Is it not just the case that, all things considered, the 135's the best aircraft for the job?
I doubt you will find any 902 operator saying "i wish we had a 135"....

So no. Its not that simple. Endurance comparisons alone should deal with that issue.

Nice to know though, that come the future when when the UK is covered by a single type, that a fleetwide grounding issue will wipe out the entire UK ASU operation.! now thats progress for you.

I also look forward to the competitive tendering processes that are going to happen soon for engineering support, and pilotage. Oh thats right.. were not doing that either are we.. were just giving it away to the usual suspects by all accounts and not bothering with that pesky legal stuff.

Ahh well, at least we will have seasoned Police Air Observers on board that know the local areas... oh thats right... we dont even know if thats happening either. We await the announcement of the fact that seeing as its cheaper to employ civilians we wont bother with having cops onboard either.
After all its all about achieving more, for less..

Its a shower of sh~t from start to finish.
The amount of money saved from start to finish isnt worth destroying whats already there. Cameron has wasted 50 times what would be saved in the last year alone.