PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 04:40
Wildpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its only accurate for Europe and nothing is keeping you there, I am from the UK and have not one commercial hour there. For the African continent, Australia, NZ and many other countries hours do count.

For an airline down under they generally have a min of 1500-2000hrs and 500hrs twin. You may have to pay for a TR but they will not entertain you otherwise. Sitting in the UK getting depressed is a choice, the industry is huge covering the globe. And no it is not easy to find work but that generally filters the weak from the strong.

Before you all say I can't get visa's etc, I did not have the right to live anywhere but Europe when I started out a few years ago but I made it happen.

On the other side for me anyway I have professional pride, I want to be a well rounded aviator not just some Muppet with 200hrs and TR. And all of that GA work builds your awareness and airman ship and means you gain some respect from other pilots you work with in the future. And if nothing else have some great tales to tell in the pub.

Those that give up make more room for those that don't, enjoy flight sim boys!

Last edited by Wildpilot; 9th Jul 2011 at 04:56.