PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 17:59
bearfoil

LW 50

Thanks for the response. I vaguely remember some buzz early on re: no Horizon, or attitude prompt, and a long discussion re: to the option of an AH, (offered by Bus, to be placed upper left on Captain's side of Panel. Such option not selected on this 330 by AirFrance.

It is a seductive argument, this "What did he see"? It isn't particularly relevant, except to make a foundation for some future finding, to wit:

1. He saw nothing. Unlikely, because he did make manual input (BEA)

2. He saw something. Likely, see above.

3. He saw too much. This falls just short of being demonstrable, by discussion.

4. He saw just what he needed and made the most bone-headed call of his short 37 years on the Planet.

I wish the in fighting would stop, but I think it is merely reflective of how BEA and the other players are playing the Public.

The fact that I can still ask these simple questions, and not be accused further of "Bunkum", must mean that we have not progressed much further than where the discussion was after the ACARS leak.

Nowhere on the Planet can I avail myself of data such as is here. Helo pilot, (), 330 instructor, , Aero E, , etc. ad vol. BEA has made possible a political and economic discussion also, by being coy.

This is my idea of Heaven, but for the grim results of what will most likely eventuate as a mundane "told you so," by myriad posters.

henra. You mention "Asymmetric airflow to the Pitots". This is not new, and likely precisely what occurred. What do you suppose is the obsession with ICE, here? As in, turbulence caused a/p loss? Consistent with W/S and T/CAS alerts (for arguable reasons). Given P/F made instant input at a/p loss, and the a/c did not climb straightaway, turbulence seems to have some back-up evidence, whereas ICE?