PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 14:53
brisdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observation (not any insult),

Wanting to work in Africa is all good and well but unless you have done what others have to get their gig and actually show up at the hangar are two very different things.

That difference is what employers in Botswana and Namibia etc are looking for - so get over there because I haven't met a serious employer there looking for low time pilots to knock about their 172/182/206/210 in commercial ops in Africa anywhere on PPRUNE.

Why would a good outfit trawl through a pprune thread to find a sub 500 hour pilot when there are dozens in country looking for jobs, speaking to those that have them and speaking to those that could employ them?

If you think this PPRUNE thread is an employment agency that by posting numbers increases your "street cred" then your teasing yourself MORE then hoping it will lead to a job.

Pull your fingers out, get in country and throw your name about. There is already PLENTY of advice around not just PPRUNE but the net to finding your first job in Africa with pay and accom details (its sorted out when your there, if your too worried about what your bed is like then don't go!).

If I could do it with a bit of hard work anyone bloody can. Just don't expect numbers on a PPRUNE thread to gift you a "oh yes please come here! I'll even give you 4 shined weekly bars to wear while your on your 182 intro, a Queen size bed and a busty, blonde Swed to massage you to sleep!"

End Rant...Sorry Mods, . Back to my beer.