PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To ALL UAE cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 11:57
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To ALL UAE cabin crew

As an expat and someone who works hard to "give back" to the community where I live, I am hoping you can all join me in this quest:

In the next month, I would like to ask that any and all flight deck and cabin crew members in the UAE, begin collecting any hotel soaps, shampoos, sew kits, tissues, toothpaste, deodorants, BOTTLED WATER etc. I want to create goody bags for the laborers in the area. I would like to collect, create the bags and distribute as many as humanly possible during Ramadan. This is our chance to give back to those who, without their work, none of us would be here.

We may not all agree on life here but I'll tell ya one thing, our lives are 1,000 times better than theirs and what small amount they can receive in these bags will make a huge difference on them financially. I'm sure that some of the airlines such as EK have projects where donations and fund raising events are ongoing, but I also know that the above items which are no cost to us and often collected or left, could be given directly to these men.

If any of your wives/husbands or significant others are interested in assisting with this, I certainly welcome the help and look forward to beginning this aviation families outreach project. It would be great to have a couple of central pick up locations for a weekly or bi weekly pick up in areas such as DSO, JBR or HQ for each airline or anywhere you guys deem fit.

If this becomes successful enough during Ramadan, I will make this a quarterly or if able to, a monthly project. If anyone reading this has experience in something like this and would be interested in making it larger scale or assist in organizing it, please drop me a PM. If you're interested in being a company rep/collector to collect the items from all your airline's crew (both cabin and flight deck) or donating other items such as dry goods etc.. I can begin a donation schedule to include pick up times and locations.

Thanks,
SPW