PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flydubai Kandahar day out
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 09:58
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
flydubai Kandahar day out

Apparently flydubai are arranging charters to Kandahar - hq for Terry Taliban and extremely dangerous. This latest bombshell ( pun intended) has been announced by notice from the much discredited and Walter Mittyesque safety 'manager'. The notice would be a candidate for a comedy award if the subject was not so serious. Highlights of the notice include guidance on - I kid you not - what to do in the event of a rocket attack. Apparently lie down and cover your ears is the best advice. I am reminded of the famous Blackadder sketch when Baldrick asks Blackadder for guidance when stepping upon a mine: " Well, Baldrick, traditionally one hurls oneself 200 feet into the air and scatters four limbs in all directions..." Other gems include the fact that rocket attacks are designed to harass and are not really serious!

Further proof, if proof were needed that there is no, or limited safety culture within flydubai if the personal safety of the crews is treated in such a cavalier fashion. You can be assured that any 'safety assessment' will be a whitewash to fit the commercial case (even that makes no sense).

Any aspirant flydubai pilot, many other issues notwithstanding, may care to carefully consider their decision to work for a company that imposes operations into a war zone. Aside from the personal safety aspect there are other issues - not addressed officially - whereby personal insurance etc could be negated.

Please be guided accordingly/ cheers.