PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 09:06
A33Zab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@BOAC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A33Zab
But I get the impression I failed..........

- yes, you did. By 'omitting' the vital part "This remark is given in the mentioned FCOM 3.....when a FCTL STAB CTL FAULT is present." which others have now posted you in fact 'raised more questions than you answered'.
Don't think so because the remark has nothing to do with the FCTL STAB CTL FAULT but with elevator authority to counteract a certain THS position.

I failed here:
I think you understand but for the ones which do not:
Pls don't consider the THS being locked ....
---
ask exactly what ADR info the FCPC gets.to 'compensate for speed.'
What do you need for speed calculation? These signals are fed into the FCPCs.
Input the accelerometer and rate information from ADIRU, weight and CG from FMGEC, SS input and you will have all ingredients to position the THS.

There are simply too may variables and too little 'beta testing' time
To little time?........Iron bird... 24-7?

IRON BIRD:
Since all aircraft systems are controlled from the flight deck, the Iron Bird requires a cockpit for its control, provided by three Airbus Fixed Based Simulators (FBS) along with a mobile visual system – which can be connected to either simulator.
From the flight deck, the Iron Bird can be flown like a standard aircraft, with a computer generating the aerodynamic model and such environmental conditions as air density, air temperature, airspeed and Mach number.

CONTINUED BENEFITS

The team of engineers and pilots who have worked many years with Airbus’ various Iron Birds have a rich backlog of experience, which is valuable when making testing technologies for the safety, efficiency and comfort of the company’s next jetliner products.
Airbus’ previous Iron Birds – which were utilised beginning with the milestone A300B2/B4 and A310 programmes, and followed by the A319/A320/A321, A330/A340 and A380 – are still operational. When called upon, they are used to replay scenarios with the actual hardware and software, providing insights on the situation or to try new enhancements before they are introduced as a modification on the aircraft type.
One such development is the study of electro-hydraulic actuators (EHAs), which could lead to a more-electric aircraft, and already have been tested both on the Iron Bird and in flight.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 8th Jul 2011 at 10:03.