PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 08:18
Otto Throttle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who stil believe that this is the best deal the company can afford, go to the Flybe website, click on the 'Investors' link, read the accounts and tot up just how much money the board are prepared to set aside to pay bonuses of 100% of salary plus extras to all the directors. I make that considerably more money than they have claimed it is costing to fund the measly 'improvements' to your Ts & Cs. Read JF's statements regarding the 'strong' position of the company's finances and trading, and the obvious optimism over the future. No hint there that we are only just scraping a living and teeter on the brink of financial oblivion.

If this pathetic deal is accepted, then it just shows that the pervious 50 something pages of threats, posturing, big, brave words and name calling is only so much hot air. All mouth and no trousers, just as the management knew you all would be. That's why you've got nowhere with these negotiations. The £3 grand for SFOs is only the £3 grand they stole from you all 5 years ago to stop the last big threat to the company, so in effect, not really a pay rise at all.

Anyone who thinks that in 2 years time a massively improved offer will materialise id frankly delusional. You've been had by the board, and this was with a strong bargaining position. In 2 years I doubt they will give you the time of day. They will hardly hear you for all the laughing on the way to the bank.

This is a golden opportunity to actually drive home a deal that makes a difference - i.e; a substantial move towards a more competitive pay deal and a SA that is much closer to the Blue Sky agreement. No more of this fannying about with a few more hours off here and there, and a possibility of the odd standby being dropped for a SDD.