PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 23:25
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TP, I agree that is the real way to stay sharp but it costs bucks. I towed sailplanes, flew them and taught aerobatics loving every minute of it. I was just showing the cheap route of getting some hand flying for free. Most pilots are too cheap to go out and rent a Citabria or sailplane at todays prices. I put myself in that group. Remember when a Citabria was 17.00 per hr? Probably not because you are too young.

I instructed for the very famous Art Scholl in the 60's at his aerobatic school at Flabob Airport, Riverside, Ca. I cherished the opportunity of meeting Bob Hoover and his well known pilot friends on a regular basis. We still see them at the Reno Air Races every year. I never let my basic flying skills go away because that is all you have when things start falling apart. You owe it to yourself and your passengers to be better than what the pilot mills can put out.

Airbus tried to put out a crashproof airplane but you still need someone to take over when all that automation fails at the worst time.