View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 22:20
A33Zab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ BOAC and others:

I did try to clarify to prevent discussion:

I think you understand but for the ones which do not:

Pls don't consider the THS being locked but read as:

"If THS > 8 up (and no autotrim available), full elevator pitch down authority may be insufficient for speeds above 180 knots."
But I get the impression I failed..........

This remark is given in the mentioned FCOM 3.....when a FCTL STAB CTL FAULT is present. This was for sure NOTthe case here. The THS was free (NOT locked) to move Airplane Nose Down.

What it will say is that full elevator authority alone is not sufficient to counteract the PITCH UP THS position if this is > 8 ANU and if Speed > 180 Knots.
If THS <=8 ANU the elevator deflection alone can counteract a THS 8 (or less) ANU position.

If SS input was FWD the THS would have followed the command as designed.

@ BOAC:

The FCPC gets ADR & IR information to compensate for speed.
The IR part can't be compared to the old INU systems, this is very precise accelerometers and 3 axis ring laser gyros equipment and yes the crew is allowed to have a peek on the same signals through its PFD.

There is an interface with ATA 76 (engine controls) but these are discrete signals only and used for ground spoiler logic(T/L position), for 3rd T/R lock release and for limitation of the green servo control speed in case of a dual engine failure.

@CS:

Maybe you have better eyes then me, I need periscopic glasses to do it without interfering the guys on P1 or P2.