PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Bermuda... BE400A
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 21:51
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Wellas isaid onlya humble Pax but in the 12 years i lived there Iwould say a good 8-9 days airport closed due to high winds.

I certainlywasn't looking to put anyone off - Iwas only pointing out it can geta bit bumpy and I have been on several flights where there was quite lot of anxiety among pax who had not experienced rough weather fairly low down.
As to the other runways , well theywould be a better bet than ditching thats true but one points at the terminal building and the other has a low hill right at one end. Are they really shown as usable .

Anyway I will leave it to the experts (or as Bermudian would say Axpurts. personally iwas always interested in Operations into Bermuda as was such a regular traveller and did know it had a few oddities like the lack of alternate and if coming from Europe very strong head winds . In the BA tristar days I did short trip to London that was a record time for Bda- Lhr in around 5 hrs 10 withtthe return 2 days later taking almost 9 hours and a routing way way up north.

PB