PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Hiring First Officers? When?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 21:50
Cider30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...you're an FO obviously... and of course you would know what it takes for a Captain to stay proficient ? If a Captain is based, 1 out of 2 means two to three sectors a month. About minimal to stay properly proficient. I realise that doesn't fit with your agenda however.
Airprofit,
No, I am afraid you're wrong, I am a CN and so I think I know what it takes for ME to stay proficient, although that's up for others to decide several times every year. So far without any problems.

I know I can only speak for myself, but I take 2 per month and hand the rest out to whoever is in need of a sector, weather etc not being a factor. If you need more - fine, I still think for a CN at CX 2 per month plus being a part of the operating crew (i.e. in the seat) for the rest of them is enough. We also have a responsibility to make takeoffs and landings available to FOs and JFOs, and it is beyond belief when some CN will not allow an FO to fly when going to an RT/PC or linecheck or has a TL on his roster.

What I do know is jumping to conclusions based on insufficient information is the road to all evil !!!

Respectfully,

Cider30