PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharkey shows his teeth
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 21:13
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi ff
I have tried to access the link you very kindly posted but I'm blowed if I will take out a subscription to that newspaper...

I fear that folks are misunderstanding what I am trying to say....

I and every reasonable person in the land accepts that it is complete and utter drivel, complete tosh to suggest that there would be a 24hr time constraint for CAS... Completely one hundred percent accept that as fact.. full stop no queries no questions.

What I am suggesting and please note.... I am suggesting is that the letter wrote by this officer who retired last century; might be suggesting that a pre planned operation that requires close air support should be pre booked to ensure the cover is at the right place at the right time!

I totally accept that if it is not pre-booked and the manure hits the shovel then the boys in light blue will attempt to get the pongos out of the poo!!

IF the letter posted by Cmdr Ward emphatically states any CAS would need 24hr notice then I will also suggest it is way past that gentleman's bed-time but at the moment his every word appears to be dissected and YES, YES, YES again yes, some of the dissected words are tosh, but some are twisted by those that do not want to listen.

My thoughts are we need BOTH THE RAF and the Fleet Air Arm or.......

we could do away completely with the Fleet Air Arm, have two aircraft carriers that fly either the F-35 or F-18 and also have that same aircraft as the main stay of the RAF for the relevant tasks it is able to perform. Then let RAF personnel do 12 month tours aboard the carriers as part of their service!! The ship will be manned and sailed by the Royal Navy but the airfield, plus hangers are the domain of the RAF!!! Obviously the carriers would not be capable of all operations as has so eloquently been explained on this thread but it moist certainly can be used on other operations that are also being run at this moment in time.

Would that please Cmdr Ward or you guys and gals? How can anyone object to that suggestion?

I will now very quickly get to my air raid shelter in the full knowledge that you guys could not hit a barn door if it was parked on the bow of your hurricane.