PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 20:46
flyvirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys ,

I have booked time off for the end of the month, to go on my “tour” of the UK, I plan on travelling up and down the country personally handing out my CV,

I hope to meet contacts and gain advice on achieving my goal of securing A flying job, I really don’t care what sort of flying job it is, from air taxi to air surveying, I will take anything,

Could anyone give me advice on how they would approach this trip, I plan to do a full circle of the UK, so for example if we pick the M3, (motorway) the airports around there are Fairoaks, Farnbourgh, Southampton and Bournmouth,
would you research the airports and see who operates from the airport then find information about the operators, chief pilots ETC, then try and catch them on the day for a chat,

What I’m worried about, is turning up at the operators reception, and not getting past the lady on the desk, that would be a wasted journey, How could I approach this?

Any info would be much appreciated, I apologise in advance for dragging this thread on I just want to get the most out of this Journey.

Kind Regards.

PS, I have the money ready for a Instructor rating, But if I start it now, I wont finish until September/October, by that time of year schools are starting to slow up, so I will have less chance of landing a instructing job, So I plan on starting the course next feb, that way I will be ready for spring/summer, more possibilities? Hopefully.