PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you PVR we'll ground you - allegedly!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 20:28
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Its lovely to see how BALPA got to being so militant.

I'd bet that you guys might have earned lifetime membership (for when you get out) by putting non-represented fellow pilots in the right frame of mind.

The theory about making situations so bad that people just "Pop out" at their own volition is a typical move by many companies in varying circumstances, such as profit losses leading to staff reductions, mergers, takeovers or company relocations. In these situations recruitment and training always goes first - does that sound familiar? I've been through three of those situations in my time on the outside.

Its always good to see how groups of people figure out how to take "non-action" actions too. Although these discussions were normally done in the privacy of Snugs in pubs, or coffee houses (I assume!). Its amazing how the digital age can replace these meetings.

What I want to say is that, even for those in the military, the only real vote any of you have is with your feet.

Unfortunately, the increasing rate of foot-voting strengthens the likelihood and increases the amount of reward those (less decisive or stronger will'd?) mortals that stay behind will eventually receive in reward or retention payments.

Whatever you decide ...all the best.

Anyway... what will you call your union? MILPA?