PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharkey shows his teeth
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 18:07
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fortissimo
are you suggesting that FT tweaked the letter just to provoke a reaction?? If that is the case, you can probably expect a further reply from the bloke whose name appears at the bottom of it. I don't think the journos (at least not at the reputable titles) can work that way.
Hi Fortissimo,
I do not really understand your question but we might be talking about apples and oranges.

I thought the retired Air Commodore wrote an excellent well worded response and would not criticise a single word he wrote but I stand by my post which has nothing to do with his response, it is the article he responds to that I am suggesting might not be an accurate representation of what was actually said or implied.

Are you trying to tell me that any service can offer instant support? My answer would be an honest no...

If the military want to mount a planned operation then it is simply good management to require notice for close air support for that planned mission.

Are you telling me that it would not be prudent to get this tasked as soon as is practical and definitely NO LATER than 24 hours prior to my mission. That is what I am saying and I firmly believe it is good management to say that prior notice ensures getting that cover.

I am NOT trying to have a dig at the excellent work being done by the RAF but I stand by every word regarding my opinion of journalists and if anyone wants to contact me regarding that then please feel free.

'Never let the truth spoil a good story'