PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dangers of PPRuNe Bashes
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2002, 09:19
In Altissimus
Simplicate and Add Lightness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face The Dangers of PPRuNe Bashes

A cautionary tale

It's a sad day when you can blame this forum for interfering with your flying progress, but here goes anyway. (I had lots of flying - and hopefully GFT - planned for last week.)

Accident Report:

It all started on a balmy Saturday afternoon on the South Bank when I spotted a mixed bunch of reprobates clutching pints and unable to prevent themselves ogling anything that flew overhead. Much drinking ensued, only FFF had the sense to eat anything (despite much ribbing from GrimReaper), even planned a jolly the next day. [Apologies Bluebeard - have lost contact details.]

Tottered over the Millenium Bridge, found my way back to Bank, saw raised kerb and thought "mustn't trip over that"

Next thing I remember is being in the back of a police car on the way to A&E strangely unable to talk coherently whilst the ociffers in the front decide that I am drunk but not disorderly.

Oops - no front teeth.

D&D call to brother as I cannot face an overnighter in St Thomas's, lots of painkillers emergency dentist on Sunday, and 6 hours in various dentist chairs last week. No chance of flying due to probably incomprensible RT and rather spiffy drugs.

Conclusions:

- Don't mix drinking and flying
- Cider and Stella don't mix (for long)
- Ensure undercarriage is firmly locked down before attempting ground manoeuvres
- I am probably never going to my bloomin test done.

You have been warned!