PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 13:59
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am interested in Flybe, it was my first airline job and I do have a bit of a soft spot for it. That and the many friends I have who still work there.

Plus I've never precluded a return to the fold, as it were, so my interest, both personal and professional, does matter. If you don't like it then hard cheese.

So you go ahead and accept the first real offer that has been tabled and prepare yourself for years more ineffective negotiations with little or no improvement to your current deal. You are now where you should have been 18 months ago and this should have been the starting point for these ongoing negotiations. You keep subsidising ticket prices and JF's supercars and his million pound apartment in Knightsbridge and management's interest free loans.

Or you could keep the pressure on the airline that, from the middle of a recession, has made the most money in one year that it ever has. You know that they can afford more than they have offered. They wouldn't have offered it otherwise would they?

"Things" should have been perfect years ago! The little steps you mention should have been happening for the last 20 years but you (Balpa/the pilot group) have allowed them to stagnate and now you're trying to play catch up against a pilot hating CEO who has zero interest in what you can afford in your limited time off.

If this offer is accepted then good luck in ever getting anything worthwhile.

What was it you said about petulant name calling?
Yeah, well you started it. Just responding in kind.