PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice please
Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 08:59
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The odd bad apple

Without a doubt every airline has its (hopefully) small share of cabin crew who treat passengers like an inconvenience rather than un raison d'etre (admittedly some more than others).

I once started getting a lecture from a flight attendent who decided my trivial, but initially quite polite, complaint about video tapes of one particular film having no audio, and requesting a change, went out of the bounds of decency for a passenger in First class. (Yes, it was a while ago).

Having put her in her place, and got what I requested with the help of someone less argumentative and with slightly more intelligence, the rest of the flight went perfectly smoothly.

And no, I wasn't concerned about eyedrops and snot in the food and drink; unbeknown to her, I was friends with just about every other member of the crew, including all of the supervisors.

When a few of us sat down post-flight in the hotel bar to discuss it, I was most amused to hear the list of "crimes" I was supposed to have committed, all of which existed only in her rather feeble mind. It turned out she was one of the airlines "precious" employees.

Needless to say, that is one of the few times I have not considered the matter closed, and had her dragged in on her day off for a bollocking.

And no, it wasn't BA, and yes, I think the vast majority of cabin crew do a fantastic job and I will back them to the hilt.

So don't let one miserable sod ruin your flying experience. I think that should also go out to all of those wonderful cabin crew who most of us do appreciate but probably don't do enough to let them know.