PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hevilift PNG terms and conditions
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 08:53
SIMUL8D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KantGrowHair, I was flown to Port Moresby at Company expense, met with a bunch of Fixed Wing Pilot's, discussed the Role with Chief Pilot Gordon Bretag and Marcus Diamond. Flown on the Company King Air to Mt. Hagan the following day for a look around the premises, the compound, meet and greet etc. Stayed at the Compound that night. Agreed to the offer, including salary, after conferring with the wife, given a start date in-country of the 11th July, Conversion start date 14th July, passed on the kids school holidays for roster co-ord with the back-to-back, Paul Kempton, and flown back to Port Morsby in the King Air the following day. Flew from Port Moresby to Australia that day too. Told the contract would follow ASAP so that I could hand in my notice and get into the country on time.

BTW, this Chief Pilot has already brought me into one company previously to work with him - so not an 'unknown' as people go.

That's it in a nutshell - and only provided for the benefit of others. Is there anyone who has experienced this kind of process only to be told that the Chief Pilot did not have the authority to offer the job?

Be careful...