PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK recruitment
Thread: EK recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2002, 08:13
gordon1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have knowledge of a KLM pilot who went for interview some time ago. A strong candidate with experience. When asked by the one of the interviewers 'Who are you?' he replied 'Who are you?'! (not the way to start!). However he was likeable and recovered without realising his briskness. On the other hand his wife pesistently mentioned how lovely their house was back home and that the villas only had small gardens. This may have been a contributing factor to his downfall. Why would a company employ someone whose wife would hate it in Dubai and leave thus leaving a very unhappy pilot without his family? (just a scenario, you understand)
To be honest not many people got in from the groups going through selection at that time.
Don't come to Dubai for the money. Come for the lifestyle, the ability to work for a top notch company with excellent equipment, the security, the great schooling, the excellent training department, cheap petrol, fantastic beaches and the opportunity to do things that you could only dream about in many other enviroments.
As for the interviews....be yourself. Try not to pre-judge things. Swot up on your technical knowledge. Fly the sim like you fly your own a/c and don't do anything smart! and don't do anything dumb!
Good Luck and look forward to seeing you at the Oasis/Barasti/Scarlett's on Tuesdays....oh no! That was my single life! I meant Friday brunch at Carter's!!