PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globalisation debt & banking
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 00:52
breakfastburrito

Location: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Globalisation debt & banking

I didn't want to spoil the thread that this came from [Qantas post August 24], I feel this is too important to be left to fall into a black hole of so I started a new one. If this is of no interest, stop reading right here.

Originally Posted by breakfastburrito (post #57)
Globalisation has been sold to the west as a way of getting "cheap stuff" from the third world. A secondary meme that has been perpetuated is that the only way we can improve the lot of the poor in the third world is to "engage" them through trade so we can have an influence to pull up their working conditions & pay. This was merely a Trojan horse, when in fact, the aim of globalisation has been to export the third world terms and conditions to the west. If you want proof positive, re-read post #54.
Originally Posted by oicur12.again (post #59)
There is no "aim" of globalization. Globalization is the natural evolution of a market place changing as new entrants gain influence and compete with the traditional power bases of the west. The last 30 years have seen changes to the control of global capital that have made it much easier to flow to nations with lower labor costs such as india and china. To think that investors would restrict this flow of capital to simply keep western employees happy is fanciful thinking.
Watch the full 6 episodes in this automagic playlist (1 hour in total): Debunking Money by Damon Vrabel. Question oicur, Does this challenge your view that there is no "aim" to globalisation.

The fundamental "flaw" (from 99.9% of the populations perspective) in our current monetary system is that Money Is Debt, and as such those that can issue money & credit (0.1%) control the entire game.

Originally Posted by oicur12.again (post #59)
The banksters on Long Island are under threat.
The post-GFC outcomes have demonstrated just the opposite, I believe that their position has been enormously strengthened, they have further increased their grip over the lives of the other 99.9% of the population. The west is heading for a period of fascism & global capital controls. Read the Carmen Reinhart IMF paper on financial repression to see where we are heading: PRIMER or the FULL (Liquidation of Government debt) paper. This page breaks it down: Financial repression a sheep shearing instruction manual.

This is a continence of a centuries old play & will take revolution to destroy their power.

“Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits.”

Sir Josiah Stamp (1880-1941), President of the Bank of England in the
1920′s, the second richest man in Britain

Last edited by breakfastburrito; 7th Jul 2011 at 01:20. Reason: links