PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 21:22
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CONF_iture,
Are you sure the sidesticks are not visible from the P3 seat, even if you lean forwards? They are on the A320.

A33Zab, quote:
"In respect of Capt, IMO he realized exact what was going on!
After entering cockpit ordered or pulled T/L into IDLE and ordered ND inputs!
But - if F/CTL SD page was not selected -he was unable to see THS position from this 3rd seat."

The THS scale should be clearly visible from the P3 seat, I think: rather more easily than from the P1 and P2 seats, from which you would have to turn your head. In the P3 seat, it would be under your nose.

bearfoil,
My copy of the BEA Update has the PNF making BOTH statements at 02:10:16, quote:
"so, we've lost the speeds" then "alternate law [...]"

PJ2,
Thanks for re-posting that schematic, but what I was trying to confirm is that PFD1 normally gets all its data from ADR1, and PFD2 from ADR2. That seems to be the case.

Re your latest graphic of a possible PFD configuration at start of climb, are you suggesting that the PFD CAS scales had both gone blank? When the PNF announces, at 02:10:16 (before the climb),
"so, we've lost the speeds",
what does he mean? My understanding has been that he is referring to the "characteristic" manoeuvring-speed indices such as VLS, green-dot, and Vmax, not the actual (current) CAS. The "SPD LIM" flag would have appeared next to the strip. At this stage, the ADR1 and ADR2 had not been invalidated surely that came later?