PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 19:22
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DozyWannabe,

That I like it or not does not really matter, that the sidesticks as implemented by Airbus deprive a multicrew from 'very nice to know' information is a fact that you're apparently not in the best position to fully appreciate.

To my eyes it also looks pretty difficult to judge a traditional airliner yoke fore/aft position from the angle of that seat
Let me tell you your eyes are pretty wrong here.

It's amazing that the design and systems (and by implication those that designed and built them) can come in for all kinds of bashing from those who do not know or understand them and it is accepted as normal, yet advance the possibility that a pilot may have lost focus, or the miniscule possibility that he might have fallen asleep and some people are up in arms.
That 3 pilots got very confused seems obvious - At least we'd like to see the full data, not tomorrow, but yesterday.
There is no free bashing, only constructed critics, but you don't seem to be ready to even consider.

A bit scary to think, and I'm not shy to acknowledge, that after 12 years I still don't know or understand my equipment ... or is the equipment a bit complex after all ?
Never mind, I'll take the next 12 hours at 350 to open my books ... and try to get rid of that ignorance.