PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 17:31
Cutoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are plenty of people thanking the CC for their hard work, I am sure that they did work hard and I respect their willingness to give spare time to do this. However, did they work smart? Not in my opinion, right to the last minute they still did not have a clear idea what they were asking the company for, in terms of percentage rise and sched improvements and as usual were trying to fight on too many fronts rather than pick a specific issue and get that resolved.
It actually took Jim F and Andrew S coming around to the crew rooms talking to people directly to find out what was needed and then a meeting with Jim M from grown up Balpa to sort this mess out and come up with a realistic offer, which gets my vote anyway.
Of course I am grateful that Balpa stood thier ground on the most part and it is thanks to that..that we now have this improved offer but do not forget the last offer was strongly recommened by the CC.
Now the CC need to get a plan in place for the next negotiations, a set of clear and simple improvements to put to the company and do not try to fight on too many fronts!!