PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 16:02
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bear,
Originally Posted by bearfoil
why would a THS be required to plant at max deflection and stay there whilst a recovery is attempted?
The more important questions we are left with are:
- Was a stall recovery really attempted? If, yes, when did it take place?
So far, I really can't say anything about it as we'll need the full cockpit conversations and many other data in order to settle this matter.

Same remark about the PNF "late" acknowledgement of "speed lost, Alternate law". Was it ever acknowledged by the PF?
What the PNF was trying to say to the PF then? Maybe his message was: "hey! no speed, alternate, no protections... what are you doing? we are climbing!"

Here, the question of each F/O aircraft experience seems critical to me. If the PF, like I think was the most senior with five times A330 more hours than the junior one, the PNF could have no choice left but to call for the Captain in support rather than taking-over. This may explain his early emergency calls.

All we can suspect, so far, is that the PF was attempting to do something as we have those stick imputs recorded. But what exactly was he really attempting to do? For me, it looks like he was trying to fly alpha-max as, at each STALL alarm, he reacted the same way by applying back stick imputs. It is called tunnel vision, sticking with the wrong choice by thinking that it is the good one.
We'll see.