PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Bermuda... BE400A
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 14:55
sheller73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying to Bermuda... BE400A

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on what the best plan of attack for this "adventure" is? We have an owner that wants to take his to BDA this September (peak hurricane season lol). Looks like the straight-line-distance is around 630nm and flight-planned-distance is around 750nm. Possible 'jumping-off" points would be RIC or ORF.

I have never done any kind of extended "blue-water" ops and just curious what we are in for? This a part 91 operation. For survival equipment, looks like we fall under 91.501 requirements for >100mi over open water. As far as HF radios, we have none in the aircraft but my boss thinks we can do it by renting a Satphone or an HF radio. I am looking in to using an international flight planner for our paperwork, planning etc for ETP and WetFootprint etc....

If anyone would be kind enough to provide an valuable and constructive advice, I sure would appreciate it. I'm thinking by the time you add all this up, it would be easier and cheaper to charter a more capable aircraft out of one of those points? On that note, can anyone enlighten me to a reputable charter operator?

Thanks in advance for your input