PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 12:31
Cumulo Calvus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm tempted to vote yes to it, and I thank the CC for standing firm and squeezing some blood out a stone.

I don't see the SFO improvements as trying to scrape a 51% yes vote. It actually gives bums like me in the RHS a clearer path and possible career structure again, with something approaching proper renumeration for the responsibility and skills. It is only a good offer though IF - and it's a big IF - people are actually given PCLAs when they are ready and not left to rot. This has to happen.

Scheduling is an improvement, and we need to push for more and more through this new committee now.

I fully agree - this is a step in the right direction, but the rhetoric of now all being friends MUST be backed up with continued, solid and real improvements over the coming years as the airline grows.

It should never have got this far. And if Jim is genuine about things having to be done differently in the future, he should get the middle management who continuously lied about there being no money, maninpulated figures to try to pull the wool over our eyes and insult our intelligence,and threatened redundancies and base closures to try to get us to shift and sack them on the spot.