PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 10:36
Rick1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok... I'm afraid I've listened to this absolute rubbish for long enough!

Sheffield is an ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC school to go to. End of!

Prior to going there in March 2010 I had near zero aviation experience. I looked at other schools (Denver, Houston, etc...) I travelled from the UK and stayed in a hotel (which was a 20 minute walk away at most) and also completed the additional workshops in ETOPS, EWINS, etc... all out of my own pocket... AND I DON'T REGRET A SINGLE THING. IRRESPECTIVE OF MY GRADE ACHIEVED!

This was the first step of a major career change for me at the age of 30. It was the best thing that I ever did! I now work in Ops for a very prestigious UK airline and was selected for interview out of 150+ applicants on the results at Sheffield School of Aeronautics. The Ops manager was paid to go there some years prior when he worked for another airline. I have stayed in touch with all the staff and students at Sheffield and they've all been really friendly and helpful. Even after they took my $10,000+!

Yes it is hard work. Yes you have to study for the Gleim yourself. But its one multiple choice exam. You are told this from the outset. It is recommended that you complete the FAA ADX prior to attending Sheffield. This isn't possible for everyone (like me) as you have to take it in the USA.

All I hope is that anyone considering going to Sheffield School of Aeronautics makes the right descision and doesn't listen to certain first time posters!!!

p.s. Incase anyone was actually wondering... With near zero knowledge/experiencce prior to attending, I achieved a grade of 93% and 'walked' the FAA exam!