PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 or B737 ?
Thread: A320 or B737 ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 09:08
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undermining

Dear Aviator,

You are 42 years of age, have 2.400 hrs of expirience, what did you do all your life? What did you fly before? Where have you been? At your age people go into the 5 digits normaly +10.000 hrs, the mad ones coming up to over 15.000 hrs.

Why do you want to pay for a Type Rating yourself? That undermines the Pilots who look for a Job to feed the Family and loved ones and supports exatly those crucks in the Industry who take all off you: First the clothes, you are naked, then your skinn, you are bare, then your meat, you loose your dignety at the end when you are a skeletton in the system. So what do you gain by paying for a Type Rating and gambling? You will always have the wrong one, EMB 170/190 is also famous and a niche Type.

I was sitting sometimes on a Table and had to select who comes to an interview when I was reading CV´s and summary´s. Usualy it works that way: People who have a recommendation from someone within the Company where selected first to prevent fakers, then if the seats where still not filled, the higher numbers where the front runners.

I see you competing with some Local Ex-Military Pilots in your aiming geographical wishes. That makes it more difficult as well. In Far East they have about 15 Years of Air-Force, Navy or Army after education so they are as well in the late 30´s early 40´s and have the same hours / age ratio like you. Now You guess..... Put on a diffrent pair of shoes and look at the credentials and be honest with the answer.

I think the money you want to spent on that is better parked in a safe investment, at least it gives you some interest rate back.

I do not want to discourage you from trying something out of the routine. The World belongs to the brave.

Fly safe and land happy