PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfair treatment of student
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 08:51
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One good thing about this and other forun's is it often gives people an insight into the experience to expect from XYZ, be that a club, a business, an aircraft or a person. Those experiences can range from good, bad to down right terrible. It can help others avoid expensive learning curves and often get the very best out of their flying experiences.

It would seem from what you have said that you have moved to another club to work, hopefully for better pay and terms of employment. That in itself can be a very positive experience. It would have been helpful to have heard more, to have been able to decide if the experience you and your student had was isolated (for whatever reason) or was typical of a pattern at that club. Without the name, many will never know.

I have (for the experience rather than financial reward, which was poor) instructed at several clubs over the years, always part time. In my experience I have only ever seen the upmost support for a genuine student, the effort that they put into learning was reciprocated by instructors and club alike. Students have bad days, mistakes happen, whilst you (as an instructor) do your best to avoid them, accidents will happen. Hopefully damage is minimal and everyone does their best to support both student and associated instructor to gain something positive in terms of learning, from what is in essence a negative experience.

Had you published more (including the name of the business) it might have helped others with regards caution to any problems faced at that club.