PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the C180/185
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 05:44
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cracker you got the Gamis and EDM for LOP?

IO550 runs VERY well LOP.

Me departing Paunui a few weeks ago...loaded CGG up with Dave and 3 of my Trolley dollies and went to see a work mates new house - kinda cool landing and parking on his back lawn. In fact we went two days running and took 6 Trollies all up...day 1, the day before this vid, the weather was utterly calm and cloudless...awesome run around the Coramandle Peninsular going the 'long way' to Paunui. The day Sarge remembered his camera was drizzly and windy...still awesome fun...went to Great barrier Island enroute Paunui this day...well I can say I have been to GBR...wont be racing back.

Just gotta love the grunty noise...even its 'only' an IO470. Was fun flying the old girl reasonably loaded too - well all seats filled - nice to get the CofG back a little more than with just two up.

Not sure I posted this before...not on this thread anyway...coming back in formation with another Kiwi mate, Graham, in his G500 equipped IFR 185 from Raglan. Both Dave and Graham reckon its the best formation vid of a C185 on youtube

No argument they are a bloody good looking aeroplane. And NZ is the Southern Hemisphere home of Cessna taildraggers.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 6th Jul 2011 at 06:03.