PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/Polar
Thread: Atlas/Polar
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 04:14
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dumbdumb
Seriously? Talking out the end you shouldn't is what I gather from your post. I'm a good neighbor and return tools when borrowed.
So you say, but I have not seen any behavior like that. Although I think a couple of your guys showed up at a picket line for Amerijet once. Probably for the after party food.

The Atlas side of the house gets roughly a measly ten percent pay hike if and when the arbitrator rules, profit sharing has financial triggers involved, listened to Bourne's koolaid speech to join Teamsters (how's that workin' out for ya), and some work rule improvements.
Has come along very nicely. Grievances on the Atlas side are now getting addressed. ALPA would not spend money on them before. We got the roadblock (Polar) out of the way to get the merger going, allowing us to get the long overdue merged contract done. Who do we have to thank for that long delay = Polar. Even the NMB ruled we are a single carrier despite Polar's actions and assertions otherwise. Screwing both pilot groups collectively from your self centered actions.

Rumor has it that there's going to be another ALPA push after arbitration. Time will tell, I guess.
Take your collective votes and see what you get on the ALPA push. Pilots are always going to b!tch, but the vast majority have seen an improvement with the Teamsters on the Atlas side. Can't say much on the current Polar side since they do not collaborate currently and probably the same after the merger. We complain, but we at Atlas also know we are better off now vs what ALPA was doing to us (maybe better said not doing for us).

Take your numbers you have and lets vote. I know what they are, and how it will turn out. Last time it was 84%. A record for a decertification in the airline industry. My bet is that none of you would spend a dime of your own money to try. Guess what, it takes some money and effort.

So as far as your "garage" is concerned, there's nothing in there to borrow so why even bother.
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe your the neighbor that comes over and drinks most of my beer, offends everyone at the party, complains about the lawn, pisses in the pool, pukes on the porch and stumbles just to the edge of the yard to pass out short of his house after being kicked out. Reminds me of a couple of Polar crewmembers at the hotel in Liege.

Having said that, I have no issues with Atlas folks as long as they don't get there almighty wholier than thow attitude going against the Polar folks.
As far as the " almighty wholier than thow attitude" crap, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black.

If you voted to pass your last contract years ago shame on you. That's a question I love to ask when talking to some on the Atlas side of the house when it's brought up. I let them complain and complain then all I do is ask if they voted for it. If they say yes, enough said.
Review this shockwave slide show first. Click on each image to continue to the next.

Presentation to ALPA Executive Council

This has never been disputed on record and no one on the Polar leadership side has been willing to say anything on record, but are completely happy to have their membership continue the lies you insinuate yourself.

I voted for the contract. I also knew Polar was waiting in the wings to fly our equipment. Thank your then MEC Chair B. Fell for me on that. Guess you can't since he got canned for double dipping. More of that integrity thing going on there.

Polar already got 5 of our A/C and South Ameriican routes earlier resulting in furloughs. Then everything was set up to have more moved over during the countdown to strike for Atlas. Where was the solidarity that started this thread in those cases? That goes away when there are upgrades on the Polar side to be had obviously. So I had no confidence that the Polar membership would do the right thing then or now.

Thus my vote due to Polar actions.

If there was ever an ounce of legitimate regret expressed by the Polar leadership/membership, I would not have a problem going forward in a joint respectful effort. That has not happened, thus my total lack of expectations of the Polar group doing the right thing. You collectively just have to be dragged along like so much extra weight holding us back. Your comments pretty much prove that out.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 6th Jul 2011 at 04:32.