PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 20:41
Sheilas_Wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Help the noob! Please!

This is my first post on this site so I do apologise if I've posted this in the wrong forum or this topic as been repeated around a 1000 times, but I like many who post on this site would love if you could aid me with my predicament with your aviation wisdom! It would be much appreciated!

Like everyone on this forum it as always been my ambition to become a pilot, and at the grand old age of 25 I'm not getting any younger so I want to at least try and live the dream as they say! Now I'm not naive, I no this country (uk) is practically on it's backside thanks to the recession and competition for jobs is greater than it's ever been, but I'm not afriad to work hard to get the job I haven't dreamt of doing for so long!

Sorry for all the waffle!

With me being 25 do you feel it's to old to start from scratch to become a pilot!

I'm very confused on which route to go rather with a school like Oxford, ctc or go for it on my own. I have got the money for my ppl and I can afford up to my cl. I have been down to Oxford before for the easy jet mentored scheme but I felt I was there just to grease there pocket with the £200 exam fee.

Being from Manchester I have 3 flying school around me these are Barton aerodrome, John Lennon airport and Blackpool airport, I was wounding if any one could shed any light on which is the better school for teaching and price etc!

I no everyones holy Grail on this forum is becoming a commercial airline pilot and it is mine to! But I'll be just as happy flying cargo/ freight or private jets etc I just wanna fly. Lol. Is there a different route for these or do you have to complete the same licences!

I'm also willing to become a atco rarer through the Nats scheme or trough the RAF, as I just wanna be part of the aviation Industry but my main goal is to become a pilot!

I do apologise if there is a lot of waffle in this thread and I Hope it makes sense these I phones have a habit of changing my words lol.

Any advice will be gratefully accepted as you can see I'm a little confused

Many thanks

Many thanks