PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 22:16
kenoco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good man

FlatC.you speak with words of wisdom,its strange that MTQ.should say"if you not happy,then leave",well funny enough thats what I was told along with dozens of others and guess what,we all left,and unfortunately for a lot of other crew(inflight),thats not an option cause their circumstances back home are bad and they really need the job.Also the Qataris are a fine,proud people and they deserve a high quality national carrier to be really proud of but as already mentioned QR really is a last resort for many of its employees.QR really has the potential to challenge other large carriers in the area but one mans Hitler style management is stunting this growth,hence the huge number of crew flocking to EK.I really think if the airline industry in the west gets its feet back QR's staffing problems are really going to multiply.Its ok to have a heavy handed management style in the low-fares secter,like in Europe as the standards are very low but in a modern International Longhaul airline that style just does not work,and QR is proof of that.Maybe things might change in the future.I have more info on the way very soon.Take Care All.