PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 19:14
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RR_NDB;

Sorry, I guess I don't really understand what you have in mind. I think we're talking past one another. I'm not sure what you feel is missing which absence has the potential for misleading investigators. It isn't that complicated and the flight data analysis process works quite well in finding out what happened in an accident, whether technical, weather, or human error-related (and likely an inter-relation of all three, plus lots more factors, etc).

The thesis that the causes of aircraft accidents may primarily lie empirically and theoretically and possibly nefariously below the awareness and therefore the control of flight crews and where involved, the investigators, may or may not be viable but that has not been what I've read and seen. I have offered my views on flight data analysis and the investigative process, both of which, if I may offer the thought, you need to understand before you can reasonably substantiate your views on the FDR.

As ChristiaanJ has commented, data from the "black boxes" was being recorded on Concorde, and from what I know about the A320 and B777 boxes sufficient information, but not every "decision", is available for a good analysis. Again as ChristiaanJ has I think correctly observed, even PPRuNe is not really the place for a detailed discussion on FDRs, especially on the AF 447 thread.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 6th Jul 2011 at 01:08.