PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfair treatment of student
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 18:51
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B2N2

In my earlier post (No 14 in this thread) I said:
"Frankly I do wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye, it's surprising that the name of the training organisation has not been published, it's not libel IF what has been printed is true".

The fact that the instructor who raised the initial post has not commented in anyway about the point above, and the fact that someone has not enlightened the person concerned (the student) to this thread, is surprising. I did expect more in the way of the name of the company - as I said before if the instructor can prove its true then he has no worries about action for libel. In fact I would have thought his credibility would have increased as both a person with good moral values, and as an instructor.

Even a short explanation from Orbital (the instructor who started the thread) as to why he did not feel it was appropriate to publish the name of either the club or the CFI would have helped credibility. After all Orbital says he's ceased working for the club and is still in contact with the student, so it should not damage his employment, and may even stop the CFI potentially damaging Orbital's long term reputation as an instructor.

After all Orbital felt strongly enough to start a thread about this situation, I can't understand why - what did Orbital want to achieve?

It all seems very wishy washy, at the moment I suspect that someone is using the forum in a personal dispute rather than in a genuine attempt to enlighten, help and educate everyone.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there will be a bit more detail, maybe even the student might contribute and tell us what happened. Time will tell

Last edited by goldeneaglepilot; 5th Jul 2011 at 19:01.