PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 18:50
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter

The weather as reported by those on the Mull:-

Mr Murchie - Lighthouse Keeper and Qualified Met Observer:-
" I would estimate the visibility at this stage to be 15 to 20 metres at the most".

Mr Lamont - Lighthouse Keeper and Qualified Met Observer:-
" the visibility, as I drove over the hill from Campbeltown to the Lighthouse, was down to only about 10 metres or less."

Mr Gresswell
"The weather conditions en route to the Mull were that of very dense fog."

Mr Brocher
" The weather was really bad at this time, there was a lot of mist and fog, visibility was only about 10 to 15 feet."

Mr Ellacott
"Visibility at this time was only about 9 or 10 feet maximum - it was difficult to say how far I was from the point of the explosion, but I don't think it could be any more than 100 yards."

Walter, you have your theory - and I know that you have devoted a lot of time (and effort) over the years to bring that theory to fruition. Unfortunately the facts do not give credence to your theory - moreover, the premise of your theory is that HMG (and the RAF) deliberately murdered a large number of innocent people in order to gain a possible - but unquantifiable - bargaining position with the IRA and its Republican sympathisers.

Neither the Country of your Birth - or the Country of your Domicile - gives you the right to cast such slurs upon the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom.

Last edited by cazatou; 5th Jul 2011 at 19:56.