PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 5th Jul 2011, 18:14
Aaron9890

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope this wont end up Ryanair-style, whereby Superdrug will open, remove Boots and then end up pulling out themselves in a few years!! Business in business, but maintaining a certain status quo offers a bit more security.

On a seperate note, the wednesday afternoon Thomson Sharm El Sheikh flight has been replaced for summer 2012 with a Mahon flight (yet more capacity to Spain!!), and Thomas Cook have a one-off Orlando Sanford flight currently on-sale for 5 July 2012.
I see that Ryanair are trying to use BFS. Doubt they will get in though. However it would be good competition if they did. The only way i would want them in BFS is because of their cheap fares. Not fair on EZY though, they are truly committed to BFS.

Things are looking up for BFS. The Sanford Route was supposed to end after this year so it must be doing ok with the PAX so far. I really wonder how they use the 757 for Menorca. You would think Majorca would be far more popular. I suppose that the Palma route is used by EZY as well.