PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Degrees - Best for aviation? Need? (Merged 2011)
Old 5th Jul 2011, 17:11
yippy ki yay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the f~@k is there a need to learn about Crisis management? What the hell is aviation psychology??? I had the unpleasant experience of being subjected to the New Bucks foundation degree...It was the biggest amount turd I've ever had to experience, taught by "academics" who had zero aviation experience and zero idea about the real world.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away from these kind of courses - You'll end up getting a monkeys degree, from an institution that has no respect and will probably go against you if you include it on your CV

Virtually ALL universities will be charging 9 grand per year from 2012 - and City's fee will not change. The reason it was 9 grand before is that the course did not receive Government funding. All universities will now be in the same boat!
My understanding is that now you can get a loan from the government to pay for the courses which you then pay back over x amount of years...I would have thought that if its not receiving government funding at the moment then the students of these courses will not be able to get a loan for it in 2012

I wonder what their BA programmes are like?